1. Call me to set an appointment to have the subject photographed in your home or business.
This is especially convenient for children as they feel more comfortable and photograph better in a familiar setting. It's also great for busy executives. I use a high quality digital camera for the photography session. In most cases this appointment takes less than 20 minutes. At this appointment a
deposit of 1/2 is requested. I accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
2. I will email a Dropbox link to your photographs for your input.
The photographs will be numbered (IMG 1234) in the upper left hand corner for easy reference. You will choose a pose and expression you feel best represents the personality of the subject and let Lisa know the number associated with that photograph. At this time you may also provide additional directions regarding clothing color, hair style, posture, background, etc.
Hint: It is best to choose one photo for the face. Our expressions change so much that it is difficult to combine eyes from one photo and a mouth from another.
3. I will create the portrait based primarily on the photograph you have chosen.
While the portrait is not an exact duplication of the reference photo, it certainly helps to have an understanding of the expression you would like to see in your final portrait.
4. Completion time varies depending on the type and complexity or the portrait.
Most head and shoulders pastels take around 12 weeks to complete. Oil paintings require more time to create and more drying time between layers of paint and therefore require about 16 weeks.
5. I will contact you when the portrait is complete to make delivery arrangements.
I prefer to make delivery to your local professional framer to minimize the risk of damage to the artwork prior to framing. At the time of delivery I am available to make minor changes to the portrait to make sure you are completely happy with the results.* I am also available to help you select appropriate framing.
Final payment for your portrait is expected at the time of delivery and upon acceptance of the artwork unless prior arrangements have been made.
* Your portrait is guaranteed to look like the subject. If you are not completely thrilled with the results, I will endeavor to make any requested adjustments until you are satisfied.
That's all there is to it! Five steps to having a lasting memory of a loved one, accomplished executive, or a family pet...lovingly created.
Still have a few more questions about commissioning a portrait?
Click HERE for a some frequently asked questions or just drop me a line or call me: